WORRYING RISE OF ACCIDENTAL ELECTRICAL FIRES IN HIGH RISE BUILDINGS

According to a recent article in Fire Safety Matters, there is a worrying rise in accidental electrical fires in high rise buildings. ‘White goods’ like washing machines and tumble dryers are blamed for this rise. Electrical Safety First, the UK consumer charity, is campaigning for a ‘responsible, nominated person’ to record all white goods in a high rise building. Keeping this log would mean faulty recalled appliances could be removed or repaired. It would also track the 5-year mandatory electrical fire checks in tower blocks.
Read the full article here https://www.fsmatters.com/Electrical-Safety-First-calls-for-goods-listing